Thursday, February 24, 2011

Utah in February

Although the reason we were there was not ideal, our trip to Utah
last week turned out to be quite fun for the kiddos!

We got word that my Grandma Johnson was not doing well, and thought
it would be a good idea to take my Mom up to see her before it was too late!

We left here on Monday (Valentine's Day)... and got to Fillmore on Tuesday afternoon!
The kids were excited that there were remains of some snow on the ground. So they played in it all afternoon. The forecast called for snow on Wednesday night and we were not disappointed... it snowed and there were about 9 inches of snow at least! Needless to say the kids were ecstatic when they woke up on Thursday morning to a snowy wonderland! It just so happened to be Evrett's birthday on Thursday and he said it was the best birthday present ever!!!

SO pretty!

Shoveling the snow off the sidewalks!



It was a little slippery & Little Miss Harper was not happy about it!


Fletcher's snowman!

I have been to Flowell many many times and have never seen this sign once!
We went for a drive out to see my Grandparents' old house... in Flowell!


Thomas (my nephew) brought this sled, and was nice enough to share with his cousins. Lots of fun!

As we played and carried on, my Grandma was getting worse everyday. My Mom did get to spend some time with her, and to tell her goodbye.
My Grandma passed away on Friday night.
I am sad that she is gone, but I know that she is happier now and that I will see her again! I am sure my Dad was there with a big hug for her to welcome her home!
The funeral was on Monday and we came home on Tuesday.

It was a long trip with lots of fun, tears, and a great reunion with my Aunts, Uncles, and many cousins!

I am glad to be home!

0 comments: